October 9, 2022
REVELATION: GOD WINS PART 6: ENTER THE HORSEMAN & 144,000
I. TODAY'S TEXT: REVELATION 6:1-8:6
II. Jesus, the Lamb, breaks the Seven Seals (Revelation 6:1-8:6)
1. The 1st seal:____________________ (the white horse rider) is first & above creation. (Rev. 6:2)
2. The 2nd-4th seals show us the natural aftermath of ____________________ God. (Rev. 6:3-8)
- The 2nd Seal is War (Rev. 6:3-4). Without God, we must fight for what we want. (See Gen. 4)
- The 3rd Seal is Famine (Rev. 6:5-6). We are starved for the essentials while drowning in excess.
- The 4th Seal is Sickness & Death (Rev. 6:7-8). Occurs when we don't treat our bodies as temples.
3. The 5th-6th seals show us that ____________________ & nature are not exempt from sins' consequence. (Revelation 6:9-17)
4. The sealed 144,000 worshipers symbolize ____________________ believers throughout history (Rev. 7:1-17)
- The number 144,000 is a symbolic number:
- There were 12 tribes and 12 apostles. Twelve times 12 equals 144.
- One thousand refers to an uncountable number of people.
- KEY: They are marked with the mark of Jesus. (This symbol refers to Deuteronomy 15:16-17)
- QUESTION: Do you ____________________ the mark of Jesus?
5. The 7th seal tells us that God listens to and ____________________ the prayers of his saints (Revelation 8:1-5)
- QUESTION: If you're not ____________________, what is God responding to?