JANUARY 29, 2023 (Sunday Worship Times: 9:00am & 11:15am)
Hebrews 3:8-13, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, 9 where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did. 10 That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’ 11 So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” 12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
A. Life is a ________________.
- Hebrews 3:8, … during the time of testing in the wilderness...
B. It is easy to grow hard in ________________ ________________.
- Hebrews 3:8, “…do not harden your hearts...in the wilderness…”
C. The antidote is ________________.
- Hebrews 3:13, “…encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
- Para = "Come ________________"
- Kaleō = "To ________________"
- Biblical encouragement includes ________________ and ________________.
- In John 11, Jesus shows Martha truth and Mary tears.
- In John 8, Jesus comes alongside the adulterous woman and calls her to a better way of life.